Sunday, February 8, 2009

January

January was a wonderful month for us. Of course, if I would have been on top of my blogging game, I would have posted this throughout January instead of all of it in a big huge post in, well, February. So I know that it's ridiculously long, and a little out of order since it takes a rocket scientist (that's for my little brother, who in fact, is now a rocket scientist) to figure out how to post pictures backwards. But I am learning, and I actually really, truly am enjoying blogging. (My favorite part was when I kicked all of my kids out of my room so that I could blog about how much I adore them :))

This first picture was not meant to be first, but it's how it turned out, so oh well. It's Chad and I at NEW YEAR'S EVE!! At the Gritton's house, Todd's new in-laws. The highlight of the night was Chase's belting it out to Rock Band over and over and over and over and over....


See? I get everything all out of order - well, this is Nick with his pretend gun which he hid in the waist of his tuxedo and pulled out at Todd's wedding to be Todd's "body guard". Yes, he came up with this all by himself. And yes, he is hopelessly devoted to his Uncle Todd.




Okay, back to the New Year's Eve party. This is my darling, adorable, hilarious cousin Kristen and her SWEET husband and kids. We stayed with them New Year's Eve night. I LOVE THIS GIRL!



The family dinner at the Lion House the night before the wedding. We sat with my brother Chase (yes, the rocket scientist) who kept us utterly entertained the entire night with stories of how he defied death in 2 feet of water ("and then, I thought of little Sofia, and decided I could not die! ... So I stood up, and walked out of the water and to the shore...") and his beautiful angel wife, Christina, who I can thank for the design of this blog and who is due with their first baby, like today.




So, the wedding! Here is Nick (notice with weapon in hand) and Jake, with their cousins who they adore, Haden and Briggs...


Savannah and I at the wedding. Is she not beautiful?


This was most likely the last evening of my life that I will spend as a bridesmaid. Is next mother-of-the-bride? Uhhh....



Groom, groomsmen, and dads





My cousin-sisters. I adore them.










I am crazy over this girl.



Did I mention that Todd married pretty much the most beautiful girl in the world? Also, I am suddenly feeling very short. Especially considering I had 3 inch heels on in this picure.


So fast forward two weeks, our weekend in McCall... our wonderful friends the Napiers invited us up for the weekend for "Winter Carnival".



The kids staring at the fireworks. I love it!



Jake on the rather fast ice sculpture slide.

Our favorite ice sculpture. Each tree has a face carved on it.




So, a big change this month, Savannah is homeschooling again! That's why this picture shows her in her pajamas making cookies. Because that's pretty much all we do all day. To heck with math and other pertinent life skills!


Just in case you are a little concerned, I was kidding. This is Savannah and Chad on their way to a daddy-daughter dance. Clara scooted in right before the camera clicked. I'm pretty sure she was figuring she was missing out on something. It's not my fault, Clara. I BEGGED your dad to take you.

This is Nick in his new favorite outfit. He calls it his "Mutt" outfit, from Indiana Jones (which he has actually never seen), but apparently he picked up somewhere that Mutt wears a striped shirt, a jean jacket and jeans every day. I lay cute clothes out for him every night. Every morning he comes out in this outfit, whether it was in the laundry room, the bottom of the hamper, hidden in my closet... he finds it.


My four children. I love them, I love homeschooling, I love the life we are having.


Clara is obsessed with shoes. She can hardly think about anything else if she doesn't have them on. If I don't put them on her immediately, she finds some, somewhere. Notice her look of contenment in this picture. She is even good at staying color coordinated.

And Jake. These are the days to never forget.

So there you have it! January in a nutshell!

4 comments:

Kit said...

Yay!! I am so glad that you blogged again and that (gasp) you are actually enjoying it! :) It totally gets better and better the more you get use to it and learn how to upload pics in the right order. :) I loved catching up on your month and you are the hilarious one. I am still laughing about that "Rocket Scientist" thing. I can't believe I am going to be related to one of them. Go Chase! We had so much fun with you guys staying with us. We need to see more of each other. You totally need to move up here. That would be so great. Keep working on Chad, so we can be neighbors. :)
I will try to wrap up this novel. I love you Tyla! You completely inspire me. So glad I have you as a cousin/sister. Keep up the blogging!

P.s. Give Savannah a hug for me. I was so impressed with her. She is such a darling girl. Love her!

Kristen said...

Tyla, I loved this! So cute! And the part about Clara and shoes...luckily Christy made it home with her boots after nursery. I was so happy to see you at the top of my blog--until Todd goes on about something else and is at the top again for Josh to read. And...I decided you cannot under any circumstances move away--unless you take us along!

Lisa said...

Seriously? Of all the wedding pics you pick one of me talking and Todd with crazy eyes! It's a good thing I love you regardless :)

Eric and Janelle said...

Tyla!!

It was so fun to get your post on my blog! I don't have your email address, so I decided to post you back! I would love a Christmas card from your ever-impressive family!! You guys are amazing!! Thanks for thinking of me!! Hope you had happy holidays!!

Love you!
Janelle
3680 E San Mateo Way
Chandler 85249