Highlights... Savannah got braces. You look cuter than we even thought you would look, inspite of Jake's friends telling you that you are 10% less hot now. You also were Kate in Pirates of Penzance. And had your end of the year dance concert... you did this cool dance with glow sticks. You made the JV dance team for next year. You have been reading Nick Junie B. Jones every night, and laughing your head off with him. You are such a great big sister...
Jake, today we went out to breakfast-- you are getting to be an amazing kid. You turned 11 this week- we had a surprise birthday party for you, and we totally pulled it off! We had it at the bowling alley at Wahooz- it was soooo fun. Sooo fun to see you be surprised. You said your heart almost stopped beating. How are you so sweet?
1. You announced to me this week that you were going to make a "man cave" in your room. That consists of sheets tucked into the top bunk mattress, completely surrounding your bed.
2. You volunteered three times this weekend to babysit for us, so we could go out on a date-
3. You are so, so sweet to your little sisters. They both love you so much.
4. You are just really, really,cool. You might say, you have swag. ;)
5. You are so aware of everyone around you's feelings.
6. Okay, seriously Jake- you are totally fashionable. Like really, really fashionable. (Don't let anyone ever tell you that that is not a bona fide talent, my son. It is only one of the finest. one of the finest. )
7. You get the award for most organized and cleanliest.
8. You are confident enough in yourself to freely admit that you like a girl. Like "Jake, do you have a crush on that girl?" "Yes." "Oh." Unexpected honesty curiously sparking less follow up conversation... I, apparently, have only natural instincts of conversation when dealing with denial.
9. You had a water fight with your little brother this weekend... in 50 degree weather.
10. You are seriously so funny. Like hilarious. Like you really make me laugh.
You might say, that I adore you. Thank you for being you. I can't believe you are 11.
Nick- I had the best date with you today, just sitting on the back porch talking. You are so, so sweet and tender hearted. When you went to bed, Dad and I talked about how special of a boy you are. Thank you for being you.
Clara- your cutest moment- me: "Clara, I am so sad that you are five. I want you to be my little girl forever." You: "Mom, even when I be five I will still be your little sweetheart." You are also a little boy crazy. You didn't like the way that I did your hair one day this week, and you told me you were going to call the cops on me for making you "ugly for the boys."
And then you crawled into bed with me on Saturday and whispered to me, "Mom, you know how dad wants me to marry none boys? And you want me to marry a boy? Well guess what don't tell dad this but remember that boys house we went to at the last party? I want to marry him and go to that house again but don't tell him, okay? Because I am in love with him."
I love you, my boy-crazy five-year-old.
And Austen, you will be crawling soon. Dad has been pretty determined lately to make that happen. Me, I am content with time standing still a little bit. You make me happy every day. We take a walk together every day, while all the kids are at school. You just look around, no matter how long the walk is. You clap your hands, and you love, love, love to play. You have two teeth, and wavy, fluffy hair, and I adore every thing about you. I can't believe I got so lucky to get you.