Saturday, March 21, 2009

Sweet Spring

I think Nick is about the cutest thing in the universe (at least my universe). If you remember the old Calvin & Hobbes comics, that is the life that Nicholas leads. I sometimes wonder what it would be like to live inside Nicholas' mind and see the world the way he does - like a continual adventure, where our home is really the treehouse in Swiss Family Robinson, and he is a daring adventurer named Mutt.



Also, he is becoming a ladies man. Recently he has gently explained to me that he will still be marrying me when he grows up, but also he will be marrying Natalie.

Upon seeing Natalie and her mom Jenny at a school carnival, I told Jenny to ask Nick who he was going to marry. She did and much to our SURPRISE he turned to Natalie with a serious look on his face, grabbed her in his arms, and planted (yes, a kiss) on her.

Later at home I asked him exactly what made him grab Natalie and kiss her. His response: "Because I am a boy and boys marry girls. That's what I am supposed to do! I am just doing what Rick did!" (referring to my mom's new husband).


I was just thinking how cute Nick was, so I grabbed my camera to take a picture of him. He said, "just a minute, mom", then struck this pose -

And when I served him this breakfast (a waffle, yogurt, and an apricot half), he said, "Thanks mom! This breakfast is even better than kissing girls!"

I 90% think he is absolutely adorable,10% am concerned.

Oh, and also he has taken up yoga with me. He just rolled out his own mat this week and started doing downward dogs.



...And

Why Blogging Makes Me a Better Mom...

The Perfect Example.

In my past, pre-blogging life, I may have thrown my arms up in despair when I noticed that Jake cut his own hair. Again. That makes it like, the fourth time. This year.

But now I simply say "Don't move!" and run for the camera.

Ahhh...Blog Material


This is a picture of Homeschool Science Club at our house. We made a human model to display the distances between the planets in relation to each other. The far distant boy is Pluto, which yes, I had to debate with the mini-geniuses as to whether or not is still considered a planet.


Clara's true desire - to just be one of the boys...





Isn't she beautiful? She is also kind, talented, and smart. What a girl.



...And Spring is Here!!!

This is Jake coming back from Kings (the variety store at the end of our street). The item that he purchased was, of course, water balloons!
Clara sat on my lap on the swings for about an hour. I wish I could take the scent of her soft hair in the sunshine, and keep it in a bottle forever.




After returning home with the water balloons, Jake engaged all of the boys in the neighborhood in a full-fledged water fight. Unfortunately I blew the cover of his hiding place by taking these pictures.




Mmmmm...Spring.


6 comments:

~Cmac~ said...

Tyla - your blog is Chase and I's favorite blog to read. I sit and read it to him and we laugh and laugh. You are such a great writer and an even greater mother. You really capture the essence of what it is like to have four children running around -haha! I can't wait to have my own mommyventures! Thanks for brightening our days with your all of your stories about the kids. They are the cutest.

Chase said...

Way to go Nick! I loved his GQ pose. He is going to be a heartbreaker. Tyla, your blog cracks me up!

Lisa said...

Nick kills me...watch out ladies! I love that you now have "bloggers eyes." You see everything in the world as a potential blog post. It happens to all of us ;) Keep the entertaining stories coming!

ej said...

I love your % on Nick, that's how I feel about Kohen too (about 10% concerned) :) and has anyone ever said that Nick looks like Todd? He totally does I think. And I love the attitude about mishaps now- sahweet blogging material! lol
Yay for spring!!!!

susette said...

I'm coming over from Mormon Mommy Blogs, asking for your help. I am in the running for a round trip airfare paid ticket to Connecticut, to meet a friend I became acquainted with through blogging. She is a super fun person and is holding this contest. I entered a funny story titled "Grapejuice Floaties, Now Marry Me." The person whose story receives the most votes will win a trip to meet this generous lady, whom I'm hoping to meet. The voting ends tonight-midnight. I used to be ahead but there is a story coming up from behind out of nowhere, and it's a tight race now. I would so much appreciate your help. Her blog is www.becausemomsaidso.blogspot.com and the voting is on the sidebar on the right. "Grapejuice, Floaties" Just go there and cast a vote for me, please. Thanks so much-you're awesome! ♥♥

Jess Christensen said...

Your kids are so fun! I cannot even deal with it. Way to raise such creative, confident children. I love hearing about them, especially Nick's adventures :)